Thursday, June 18, 2009

I love coffee... and I love Hopper...

Sorry I haven't been around... first I had a funk and couldn't get motivated... and then my laptop went kerplunk... I am having difficulty taking photos etc without my laptop since this old computer of mine has so many broken ports.

Anyway you don't want to hear about that!


\I finished my Pesto... and don't like it much. Maybe part of the funk? Its just too static. Funny though, someone stopped in about me doing a website for him and out of alllll the pictures in my studio that is the one he commented on liking. Lesson learned... I'm going ot not look at it for a while and see if I like it better later.


Right now I am working on a 7.5 x 7.5" little still-life for the silent auction at the CPSA convention in Atlanta. I decided to do something funky and off kilter, after not liking the pesto so lined up. I took a Hopper picture and made a still-life around it - something I've done a couple of times before and really enjoy doing. Its kind of my version of Karin Jurick's gallery pieces. This will be a busy little piece with so much going on - so its taking me a while. Look at the Hopper though - this piece by Hopper is busy as well... but look at that large black shape that connects the background, people etc. Its genius! My piece btw is on UART 400 paper - using coloursofts and Luminance... which I use in my classes all the time.


All the proceeds from the silent auction benefits the National CPSA and all pieces involved will be posted on their website in the near future. I'll let you know when they are.

Back to work for me! The kids only have 5 days of school left - I better get busy before I have to be home (or at the beach) with them!

1 comment:

Michael Finley said...

Cool Pod Cast of Hoopers work http://www.mfa.org/hopper/artist.html.

I like the thumbnail sketches being shown and how he does the value thing.